Simply Advanced Safety.
Arterial blood gas sampling is an invasive procedure that can result in accidental needlestick injury and exposure to bloodborne pathogens. The Pulset™ ABG Syringe features SafetyTip™ Needlestick Protection to help prevent accidental needlestick injuries in your care setting.
SafetyTip™ Needlestick Protection is engineered as an integral part of the needle to comply with all FDA, OSHA and NIOSH guidelines. Intuitive, single hand safety activation is easy to learn and simple to use.
Distinctive by design, SafetyTip™ provides optimum visualization of the insertion site. With the needle bevel facing up, the protective sheath aligns parallel to the syringe barrel, resulting in a clear, unobstructed view. In addition, the patented Dual Locking design promotes your safety by securely covering the needle with an audible click.
Select vented or non-vented syringes with blunt tip cannulas to access needleless, closed, arterial blood sampling systems
Features & Benefits
- Intuitive, single hand safety activation. Hand always positioned behind the needle
- Minimal in-service required
- Safety mechanism is an integral part of the needle to comply with government safety standards for engineering controls
- Protective sheath aligns with the syringe barrel, resulting in optimum visualization of the insertion site • Needle bevel and protective sheath are both aligned in the up position
- Dual Locking design securely covers the needle
- Audible and visual confirmation ensures activation of the safety mechanism
- No blood spatter when closing protective sheath over needle
- ISO color coded (ISO 6009) for easy identification of needle gauges
Setting the Standard for Accuracy.
With over three decades of proven performance, the Pulset™ Arterial Blood Gas Syringe sets the standard for rapid, accurate blood collection and sample integrity. The pioneering design eliminates the potential for pre-analytical errors, featuring a balanced Lithium/ Zinc powdered heparin formulation that prevents coagulation and eliminates pCO2 errors, with virtually no impact on electrolytes. Plus, the proven vent system eradicates syringe dead space contamination, whether blood is drawn from an arterial puncture or arterial line.
Effect of Li/Zn Heparin on Ionized Calcium in Blood
The Pulset™ ABG Syringe assures complete collection flexibility. The ultra-sharp, thin wall needle with SafetyTip™ Needlestick Protection promotes a smooth insertion, fast fill time, greater patient comfort and sharps safety.
To access the advantages of adult, pediatric or neonatal needleless, closed, arterial blood sampling systems, specify the Pulset™ ABG Syringe with Blunt Tip Cannula. For standard arterial line collection, use the Pulset™ vented 1cc or 3cc syringe without the blunt tip.
Pulset™ sets the standard for rapid, accurate blood collection and sample integrity
Features & Benefits
- Powdered heparin dispensed throughout the syringe barrel ensures a clot free sample
- Dry heparin eliminates pC02 dilution error
- Balanced Lithium/Zinc heparin formulation has virtually no impact on blood gas and electrolyte measurements
- Vented syringes for arterial line sampling eliminate pre-analytical pO2 errors
- Controlled silicone coating in syringe barrel prevents analyzer electrode issues
- Sheathed Blunt Tip Cannula is designed for use with closed, needleless, arterial blood sampling systems
- Cord Gas sampling kits enable arterial/venous testing
- Neonatal sampling kits promote blood/fluid conservation
PT Lab is proud to be the distributor of Westmed – one of the top manufacturer in the US with nearly 30 years of experience, here are 4 main product lines we distribute in Vietnam: